Here at Fempower HQ, we firmly believe food is something to be enjoyed and celebrated. None of this 'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' rubbish. A woman who has never eaten a cupcake has never lived, frankly.
So, you're having a lazy Sunday morning, and what better way to spend it than knocking up a brunch that's worth waking up for? Alternatively, you've just trained yourself silly and now it's time for a treat.
See below for our nutrition oracle and food guru Toral's recommendations:
EGG & CHIPS (WELL, KIND OF)
This recipe is packed with good fats, fibre and is also nutrient dense. Guilt-free food that's good for you? Double-yes.
(NOTE FROM THE HUNGRY WRITER: This one's a simple but brilliant one. I spied this on Toral's Instagram this week, and am looking forward to trying it out after Sunday's Fempower hill sprints in Greenwich Park.)
- Soft boil the eggs.
- Steam / cook the asparagus in whichever way you please.
- Fry off the parma ham (a bit like bacon)
- Serve, and stuff your face silly.
AND FOR PUDDING?
BANANA PROTEIN PANCAKES
In Toral's own words:
"These refined sugar free pancakes are perfect for breakfast or an after workout snack. You can make up the batter in advance and leave in the fridge for up to 3 days. I've served these with my favourite yoghurt from Hurdlebrook and blackberries. You can served with roast fruit, stewed apple or even peanut butter!"
Ingredients (serves 6)
300g cottage cheese
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp olive oil or rapeseed oil
1 ripe banana
TORAL'S TOP TIP:
If you don’t have any ripe bananas, pop the banana in the freezer for 10 – 15 min and it will blacken and soften.
- Add all the pancake ingredients except the oil to a bowl and blend with a hand blender or food processor.
- Heat a good non-stick frying pan and add the oil.
- Slowly drop tablespoon full of the pancake batter into the pan.
- Cook until the edges of each pancake roll up and there are bubbles in each pancake. This should take between 1 – 2 mins.
- Flip using a spatula and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with the yoghurt and berries.
Find more of Toral's mouth-watering recipes here.
Got a recipe you'd recommend? Keen tasters are always at the ready here, so email your ideas (and instagram #foodporn) to email@example.com